If you can recommend housing for pregnant women and/ or single women with infants that supports natural families and does not promote or coerce adoption, please write to us at singlepregnancy AT gmail DOT com.
HOUSING RESOURCES (US & CANADA)
IN THE US
- Vision House: Provides safe and confidential transitional housing with integrated support services to homeless single mothers and their children, and separately to homeless single men recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. The goal is to coordinate successful re-integration of residents into the community through adequate housing, counseling, child care, food, clothing, education and vocational training, life skills development, employment, medical and dental care.
Vision House is committed to serving a target population who is homeless and whose income falls below 30% of the median income. Residents are allowed and encouraged to stay the Vision House homes for 18 months to two years. Residents may stay longer when they pursue a four-year degree.
P.O. Box 2951,
Renton, Washington 98056,
Phone: (425) 228-6356
Fax: (425) 430-9590
- Our Families Our Future: Our Families Our Future is a Wyoming non-profit organization that helps low-income single mothers on their path to economic self-sufficiency. Our CLIMB Wyoming programs train and place women in demand occupations and careers that earn livable wages. Almost 40% of single mothers in Wyoming are living at or below the Federal poverty level, but the staff and partners of Our Families Our Future are working to reverse this statistic by empowering single mothers to improve their lives and the lives of their children.
The Our Families Our Future intervention model is based on the Fleming Associates Young Parent Program, which was established in Laramie County in 1986 to meet the educational, work and life skills needs of low-income single parents. This is a nationally acclaimed paradigm for moving disadvantaged single mothers out of poverty.
Our Families Our Future
1001 W. 31st Street,
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
- Paul Stefan of our Lady of Guadalupe: Paul Stefan home provides shelter to single mothers-to-be in Virginia. According to the most recent information, Paul Stefan home does not coerce adoption, but instead invests in its residents lives as mothers-to-be.
Various Locations Nationwide:
- CoAbode: Offers single moms a way to stay in the family home by sharing its expense with another single-mom family. Moms without a home can find an appropriate housemate through the service, enabling them to afford a larger and more comfortable home together.
- Momma’s House: MOMMA’S is a home for young mothers aged 17 to 21 years and their babies. For approximately two years, the young mothers at MOMMAS house continue education or vocational experience interrupted by pregnancy. With guidance and direction, the young mothers can learn to support themselves and their children independently.
1857 Wantagh Avenue,
Wantagh, NY 11793
- Aunt Leah’s House Residential Program: Aunt Leah’s House is a residential program for pregnant and parenting teen mothers if they or their baby are in the care of the Ministry for Children & Families. For young women who do not meet the requirements for residency, we will offer referrals to other resources and consider whether we are able to offer specialized resources or make an exception on an individual case basis.